Saturday, November 24, 2012

Life of 3.14

Life Of Pi:

Story:

Pi, a man of multiple religions, tells a struggling writer the story of his greatest adventure.

Review:

Before I start this review, I am going to say that I did not read the book before seeing the movie.

That being said, Life of Pi is a visual and emotional satisfactory pleaser. It's one of those brilliant movies that is all story, all visual, and all an adventure. It's also one of those rare movies that actually properly uses 3D effects, making you feel like the screen is actually a glass sheet separating you from what's going on behind the glass sheet.

I loved it and this makes me an even bigger fan of director Ang Lee for doing what he had to to make this movie great.

One of the best parts about Life of Pi is that the only majorly known actor is Irrfan Khan. There is no overshadowing because there are no other major actors than the narrator.

The story sweeps you along and keeps you going, despite there only being two characters for most of it, only one of them being human. It is one of those tearjerking movies that almost cause tears to fall down your face if they don't actually fall. Every actor performs admirably and realistically, providing enough for this emotional journey to be downright amazing. Even the CGI tiger is realistic enough that you feel like there's an actual tiger on the screen.

My favorite performance, though, would have to be Irrfan Khan. He does such an amazing job narrating that I felt like he was directly narrating the story to the audience instead of the writer.

I can't really say enough about the visuals, they just swept me into Pi's epic story of tragedy, bonding, and discovery.

I recommend this to anyone who loves those emotional movies that use a lot of effects or just are visually amazing (eg. Big Fish or James and the Giant Peach).

Awesome movie to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment