Thursday, June 6, 2013

I can just hear Paper Planes by M.I.A. playing in the background of this movie. That would have been amazing.

Rampage:

Story:

Bill Williamson, a vengeful 23-year old sick and tired of the world, buys military grade armour and guns and begins a massive killing spree.

Review:

I don't like being surprised. I really really don't. When you have a terrible director who has directed terrible adaptations of videogames such as Alone In The Dark, House of the Dead, Bloodrayne, Farcry, and Postal, and you combine that with an original idea that is shocking and senseless, you expect it to be a terrible movie.

Well color me surprised when I discovered Rampage, while disturbing and intense, is also a very well done film.

I mean, Uwe Boll, the director and writer of Rampage, just sucks at directing. He simply does. I have no idea how to explain how terrible a director he is, but Rampage was amazing. The sound effects jar you from your seat, the major moments of insanity are outright creepy, and the one defining scene (you'll know it when you see it) is just pure brilliance. Rampage is an intense film.

And before people cry "SPOILERS!" I just want to say I'm not exactly spoiling it. What happens is shown in the trailer and explained in the official synopsis.

With all that said, I have to say I like Rampage. It is an overall disturbing story with an equally horrifying plot, the big violent moments are perfectly supplemented both visually and auditorially, and the one defining scene is probably the best scene of its kind that I have ever seen in an action-drama film like this. That being said, the amount of violence and bloodshed is ridiculous, so if you're one of those types who can't stand that kind of violence, then it's probably best not to watch it. It is a film meant to be shown as senseless, and it succeeds very well at doing so.

Well done Uwe Boll, you finally did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment