Friday, December 21, 2012

Sleepwalking disorder = Good movie

Sleepwalking With Me:

Story:

A comedian suffering from a sleepwalking disorder, has to deal with his family and his girlfriend pressuring him to marry her.

Review:

I'm not usually too keen on watching films that have gained awards from film festivals, but I decided to make an exception for Sleepwalk With Me. I'm glad I did.

What I liked:

1. A good comedy based on a true story by a good comedian.

Sleepwalk With Me is a true story, and the actual source material probably isn't as funny as the movie makes it out to be, but that's what I liked. The movie is not only relatable at certain points but it's relatable in a humorous way, so your mood will be pretty much the same throughout the whole movie. The fact that the actor portraying the guy is in fact the guy who the movie is based on helps add a real and human touch to every scene.

2. The soundtrack.

There aren't many movies where the soundtrack blends into the background as the movie progresses, but in Sleepwalk With Me it does exactly that. Most of the songs are gentle, relaxing tunes that just kind of slip into the movie, helping make each scene more enjoyable.

What I didn't like:

1. There isn't really anything I disliked about the movie. It was funny, sometimes emotional, and overall great.

Who I recommend Sleepwalk With Me to:

Anyone who likes non-stoner comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment