Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Review of the Unofficial Slenderman Series

Marble Hornets:

Story:

After several encounters with a mysterious entity, Alex mysteriously disappears. Jay investigates and gets more than he bargained for.

Review:

At times unpredictable and ominous, Marble Hornets should be the official Slenderman series. It is an excellent series that proves that sometimes lower budget means better film.

What I like:

1. Different formula.

While most horror films follow the story, then scare pattern, Marble Hornets tends to be a randomization, with most episodes providing story, and a random episode having a scary moment.

2. Random unpredictable scares.

There are moments when I was surprised, and other moments when I would be too drawn into what was happening to suspect a jump scare. As much as I hate them, I don't mind how they're used in Marble Hornets.

3. The story.

Marble Hornets' story keeps going and going and going. In a good way of course. The more that's explained, the more there is that needs to be answered. As such the story has a slight mystery factor.

What I don't like:

1. Slenderman.

Because faceless things in suits are rather terrifying.

Who I recommend Marble Hornets to:

Slenderman fans. And maybe general horror fans. It's a good enough series to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment