Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Review of the Brad Pitt Movie!!!!

Killing Them Softly:

Story:

A mob enforcer is sent in to investigate after two masked men rob a mafia run poker game.

Review:

Killing Them Softly is one of those amazing gangster movies that just never happens anymore. To put emphasis on that, Killing Them Softly is one of those gangster movies that only happens once every decade. Seriously, once every decade. Deadpan humor, amazing slow motion that is not excessive, somewhat specific and realistic sounding mafia-type lingo and an overall dramatically intense story fuel the only majorly hyped gangster movie that has been released this year.

What I especially liked:

1. The effects.

Amazing use of slow motion and what I think is probably the most humorous explosion I have seen in a gangster movie in quite some time (if not ever). These are effects that I wish were used more often, to put more emphasis on bullets.

2. The humor.

There are moments when the humor caught me off guard, causing me and the friend I had brought with me, Keifer, to burst out laughing unexpectedly. Most of the time we were the only people in the audience laughing.

3. The story.

Having known the story from what I read of the movie on Metacritic and IMDB, I wasn't expecting to be so immersed into it. The writing and sound effects were perfect and fully defined a incredibly enjoyable movie.

What I didn't like:

Brad Pitt's lack of acting. He sounds the same for every role and even acts the same for every role. Is there ever any difference between his characters? Nope.

Who I'd recommend Killing Them Softly to:

People who have seen and liked movies such as No Country For Old Men and Killer Joe.

On a just so you know note:

Killing Them Softly is somewhat sexist. There are scenes that some women will get pissed off at, no matter how open minded they are. I saw two women walk out of the theater at certain scenes, due to the sexism.

1 comment: