Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I was definitely Miserables when I watched this film.

Les Miserables:

Story:

The intersection of a former convict and a poor mother spark a series of events that change their lives and the lives of those around them forever.

Review:

I'm not a fan of musicals, so Les Miserables was more or less just an average movie to me. I watched it with an open mind and did enjoy some of the scenes, but it honestly felt sloppy to me. The editing was too haphazard, transitions too abrupt, and the overall story and film is too short despite the two and a half hour run time. The musical numbers were okay and the actors did their best, but the overall movie failed to get any emotional content out of me. Tobe Hooper's directing style does not mesh well with musical adaptations.

Overall I did not like Les MIserables, and as such I can't recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment